Twitch

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

ON THE FENCE

Recently I introduced you to the characters that make up my boxing team, today I thought I'd try something a little different, enjoy...

A thing for every price, and a price for every thing.

ALWAYS BE CLOSING
My approach to gold making has always been extreme redundancy and self sufficiency, at minimum I want at least one of every profession and class available to me at all times. Over the years I've accumulated numerous characters on my accounts, now with Legion here I'm taking stock of my available resources. Every one of the 120 characters on my five wow accounts is a resource to be tapped. Some will see major play in a team or raid force, like those five I mentioned in my last post. Others will serve a more specialized purpose, today I'd like to talk about the logistics of managing this mass of alts, starting with the most important of these specialized alts, the Traders.

------- ( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°) -------


Bloodsail Admiral DELVIN
I haven't really played Rogue since Burning Crusade, I don't see myself playing the class anytime in the foreseeable future either. Unlike the Death Knight, the class just doesn't appeal to me personally. There is one area where I feel like the Rogue fits in perfectly though, and that is where Delvin comes in. Sad as this may sound to some, Rogues work perfectly as traders. That doesn't mean he can't look good while doing it though...

Transmog: Buccaneer's Booty
Eye of Rend
Soul Eater Shoulderguard
Leather Tunic of Eminent Domain
Black Swashbuckler's Shirt
Safecracker's Gloves
Peerless Belt
Dusky Leather Leggings
Camelhide Treads
The Dreadblades (Artifact, Promise of the Seascourge)

Additional Information
As my main trader, Delvin specializes in Enchanting and Jewelcrafting, he is a perfect fence for goods and materials. He can disenchant any items that fail to sell in a timely manner, generally I follow a three strikes rule. Though he is my main trader, he is certainly not my only one. Which brings us neatly to...

------- ( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°) -------

THE CRIMSON ASSURANCE
Delvin provides a basic template for the rest of my traders, I've definitely adopted the Pirate theme across the board, going so far as making a guild with an apropos name. Being a guild devoted specifically to Traders however, each character fulfills a certain role.

Mause the Crazy Cat Lady - Gnome [ Engineering / Jewelcrafting ] Pets & Mounts.
Nephora the Insane - Human [ Alchemy / Inscriptions ] Glyphs & Consumables.

There are of course others in my rogue's gallery but these are the ones I see as seeing much use in the near future. For most of the goods I craft and trade, Delvin will be sufficient. But for more space eating items like Pets and Mounts, having these other characters handy to manage them is a blessing.


THE BENCHWARMERS
But what about the rest of my army of alts? Generally speaking those are either designated as gatherers or crafters. The Gatherer's generally have either Herbalism/Mining or Skinning/Mining. The Crafters are generally set up in their garrisons with Tailoring and Inscriptions, they make Hexweave Bags and Card of Omens. I only log these characters once or twice per week to cash in. Despite my limited attention, they bring in about 40 bags per week.

I am at heart a conservative gold maker, I prefer reliable sources of income. And they're a significant part of that. And with that, I leave you for now. But come again, we've much still to talk about...

Regards,
K

No comments :

Post a Comment