Twitch

Sunday, September 25, 2016

THE TEAM: Legion Edition

Last time I talked about the new healer I've added to my team, today I want to take a moment to introduce the team as a whole.

It's been a long time coming, so I thought I'd spend the time introducing the team for Legion and give you guys a brief outline of my overall goals. The team has gone through multiple revisions, in the end only 3 characters remain in the team from my initial return to five boxing, but only two of those are in the same role as before. The changes might surprise you, read on...


------- ( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°) -------


KHAAS the Indomitable
Let's start with my tank, one of the newest additions to my five box team, and ironically the oldest character on the team. I created Khaas on the night of the Wrath of the Lich King release, though originally he was an Orc on the Bloodscalp server. When I started boxing again, it was using a Warrior tank. Which while fun, was a bit lacking for me personally.

Transmog: The Hollow
Grievous Gladiator's Dreadplate Helm (PVP)
Grievous Gladiator's Dreadplate Shoulders (PVP)
Valorous Scourgeborne Battleplate (Naxxramas, 25)
Dark Silk Shirt (Crafted)
Scryer's Tabard (Reputation)
Grievous Gladiator's Dreadplate Gauntlets (PVP)
Befouled Demonhide Belt (Hellfire Citadel, Normal)
Valorous Scourgeborne Legplates (Naxxramas, 25)
Grievous Gladiator's Warboots of Alacrity (PVP)
Maw of the Damned (Artifact, Bonejaw)

------- ( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°) -------


HASHUT Ironbane
I used to play a Shaman back in the days of EverQuest as my main, when I started boxing wow it was a tank and 4 Shamans back in BC, then Wrath. However I've never been much of a fan of Shaman healing, until now. The only trouble is I don't care for the look of the Artifact Weapon, so I went a completely different route. I really wanted something more like cauterizing heal than healing wave, mission accomplished.

Transmog
Mantle of Fiery Vengeance (Ulduar 10)
Chestguard of the Lasher (Ulduar 10)
Gloves of Taut Grip (Ulduar 10)
Belt of the Blood Pit (Ulduar 10)
Leggings of the Insatiable (Ulduar 10)
Tempered Mercury Greaves (Ulduar 10)
Seismic Bore (Siege of Orgrimmar)
Furnace of the Great Machine (Challenge Modes)

------- ( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°) -------


MARMORA the Insane
Once upon a time, in Vanilla I played a Mage on the Blackrock server. I was Undead, and raided through Molten Core. But, I decided to switch things up and rerolled as a Warlock. I went Human on the Malorne server. And when BC was announced and the guild I was in blew up. I went back to the Horde, and rolled an Orc Warlock, since there was no faction change, server transfer services, etc at the time I had to level it up from scratch. But the old Warlock lingered, ready to come out and play when I needed him. Well, things have changed a bit since then. Now, he's a she. And a Gnome at that. But, still as deadly as ever. If I'm being honest, I feel like the Warlock's in a very good place, I enjoy the class immensely right now. And I'm glad to have this little beast on the team.

Transmog
Demon Prince's Ascendant Crown (Hellfire Citadel, Normal)
Mantle of the Eredar Lord (Hellfire Citadel, Normal)
Sanctified Dark Coven Robe (Icecrown Citadel, Normal)
Sanctified Dark Coven Gloves (Icecrown Citadel, Normal)
Demonbuckle Sash of Argus (Hellfire Citadel, Normal)
Plague Scientists Boots (Icecrown Citadel, Normal)
Spine of Thal'kiel + Skull of the Man'ari (Artifact, Gaze of the First Summoner)


------- ( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°) -------



MORATHI the Flamebreaker

Mage wasn't really my choice in Vanilla, I got railroaded into playing one initially. Because my friends REALLY needed bread, water, and ports. If you read the previous entry you already know how well that went. I no longer have my original mage, I sold that account to a guild mate about ten years ago. Morathi is a very new addition to my stable of characters, but she's still proven to be quite capable and useful.

Back in the days of Vanilla, I played an Arcane/Frost spec out of necessity. The only real metric of value in raids at the time was how many Frostbolts can you cast on Ragnaros? I prefered Fire, but it just wasn't viable for that content. Things have changed since then and now I can go fire to my heart's content.

Transmog
Jewel of the Firelord (Blizzard Store)
Slaughterhouse Spaulders (Highmaul Heroic)
Sanctified Bloodmage Robes (Icecrown Citadel, Heroic)
Dark Silk Shirt (Crafted)
Sanctified Bloodmage Gloves (Icecrown Citadel, Heroic)
Koralon's Burning Touch
Einhorn's Galoshes (Blackwing Descent, Heroic)
Felo'melorn + Heart of the Phoenix (Arifact, Pride of the Sunstrider)

------- ( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°) -------


RUSALKI of the Nightfall
Time for the dark horse addition to the team, Rusalki is a hold over from my return to boxing, though she's no longer a healer. With the changes to Discipline, I decided to switch my healer to Hashut. And initially had my Hunter Sieba tapped to replace Rusalki as the third DPS in the team. But, changes to the class made me second guess running a Hunter. Druid became a real contender for the team, but I settled on Shadow Priest for a number of reasons. For starters, it fits in more thematically to the rest of the team. Has some nasty damage potential, and adds some extra healing potential for specialized encounters.


Transmog
Grievous Gladiator's Satin Hood (PVP)
Grievous Gladiator's Satin Mantle (PVP)
Grievous Gladiator's Satin Robe (PVP)
Grievous Gladiator's Satin Gloves (PVP)
Grievous Gladiator's Cord of Meditation (PVP)
Prideful Gladiator's Treads of Meditation (PVP)
Xal'atath, Blade of the Black Empire + Secrets of the Void (Artifact, Claw of N'zoth)

Note: I haven't decided between the red and white variants of this set. We'll see how it looks with Void form.

------- ( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°) -------


THE TEAM WITH NO NAME
So, there's a few questions to be answered here. The observant may note for example a Warhammer influence. Two of the five members literally are named after Warhammer fantasy characters (Hashut and Morathi). And there's more in my character selection screen, and I approached the appearance in the same way. I wanted something evil and chaotic, that wouldn't look out of place in Warhammer, and was pleasantly surprised to find I could easily make it work. There's a lot of aspirational stuff here, there's gear to be farmed (PVP and otherwise). As well as mounts. One of the bigger things for me in this game has always been defining goals, both short term and long term. So, this post should serve as an idea of where I'm going in terms of developing my team.

I definitely will be trying my hand at Mythic+ Dungeons, as well as raiding down the road. But before the end of the expansion my characters will look at least pretty close to how they're presented in the screenshots above. I started Warlords of Draenor with the goal of getting the Blackhand when I first saw it the loading screen. I did that and more. What I've presented here is much like that, the baseline of what I hope to accomplish. That does it for me this time, but do check in again as next time I'll be getting into a bit more of the nuts and bolts of my army of alts, and we'll see how the fires of industry might be stoked in this expansion.


K

No comments :

Post a Comment