Twitch

Monday, September 5, 2016

DING DING DEATH MOBILE

Legion has released, and so far it's proven if nothing else that there's still some life in the old World of Warcraft...

SO IT BEGINS
For those unaware, Legion happened. The first expansion release since I returned to the game, I was excited and with preparations made in game I thought I was ready to rock the second the servers were ready for me. I however, may have made a miscalculation...

Okay, so I wasn't in Dalaran waiting for the quest giver...

< Truthfully, I had no intention of being first through the gates this time around. My basic gameplan for the launch of the expansion was and is just to have fun with it. I actually got myself down to zero gold prior to the launch, with the intention of seeing how the money flowed through the beginning and beyond. Though, I DID get 20k from the cards pictured above... And though I initially had planned to box my way through the zones, I quickly adjusted my plans. Basically, I hadn't set aside any time to configure my software, worse when I got things going in the most crude way imaginable I found my UI squished and unplayable. So, I narrowed my focus and figured I've got time to muck around before I flesh out my team anyway, so to Dalaran!

Damn right I leveled as Blood...


I started out in Highmountain, from my time on the Alpha/Beta I knew I wanted to save my favorite zone for last. From there I basically let my Blacksmithing and Enchanting quests lead the way. which is how I recommend most people tackle which zone to go to first (let your profession quests be your guide). I ended up with Azsuna and Val'sharah eating up the later half of the climb, I was at 90% of 109 by the time I finished, I still hadn't set foot in Stormheim. I went back to Highmountain to collect the pieces for the Rocfeather Skyhorn Kite, I HIGHLY advise anyone playing get this before hitting Stormheim.


Damned right I take candle!

While I was there, I found a small quest chain that finished me off. Yeah, I hit 110 as a quest giver for some Kobolds. This was frankly a nice little side quest, and indicative of what I love about Legion. Everytime I look at it, there's some other little thing. Maybe not much, but something that I can enjoy.

MY BUDDY AND ME
The bodyguard system has been reworked, for Death Knights (at least for me) I got Thassarian and Koltira as Bodyguard options currently. Thassarian is cool, he's unobtrusive. You just randomly proc his appearance. He comes out of a Death Gate and starts wailing on your enemies for a few seconds, then he goes back to Acherus. Koltira however is a traditional bodyguard, more like what you're familiar with from WOD.

He accompanies you pretty much everywhere, and when the fight starts he starts hacking away alongside you...

The bromance is strong with this one...
The trick with Koltira is that he's also a tank, so he's not the dishing out glorious amounts of damage. What he is doing however is dropping Anti Magic Zones and turning every fight into a ping pong match. That might sound awful, but consider he has about the same health as me. And since I know how his AI works, I can essentially use him to effectively double my HP in a normal fight. Yeah, I've been tag teaming World Quest bosses with my bestie here using the classic EverQuest strategy of "Let Them Weaken It!"

It works like this, we both begin attacking a big baddie. I don't fight for aggro, I just do a normal rotation. Koltira will taunt, a lot. The mob will smash him in the face repeatedly, and I'll grab aggro occasionally. When Koltira takes aggro back (as he always does) I'll self heal with basically all of my attacks. Koltira will eventually die, and the boss will be down generally to half or lower. I'll be at full health...

A few seconds later Koltira comes back screaming and taunting, and full health. Because, that's how Bodyguards work now. We're happy together, it's pretty great.

LIFE AFTER 110
I've got the full set of quests in Stormheim to look forward to and Suramar, being 110 already means I'll be getting a lot of scaled up rewards. Then I plan to burn through the instance quests and finish up the class campaign. Mostly though, this week I'll be focusing on my Shaman, Hashut. Getting him up to par is going to go a long way into making the most out of these world quests and crap. But for now, as in the beginning... I'm just enjoying the game.


Pictured: An agent of chaos...

Plus also, I am Batman...


K




No comments :

Post a Comment