Twitch

Thursday, December 10, 2015

The Man in the Box

My relationship with World of Warcraft, historically speaking has been complicated. The past week, well I decided to get weird with it in a bigger way than usual...


STARTING OVER
If you follow me on Twitter (@SuperDuperSRS), which you probably don't since even my wife isn't following me on Twitter. Wait, what was I saying? Oh, yeah...

I decided to start over fresh recently with World of Warcraft, I actually spent the Thanksgiving Holiday and then some scouting for the perfect target for my endeavors. I decided to go Alliance, and with a completely fresh account. Well, not perfectly fresh to be honest, I'd been playing Hearthstone on this account once upon a time. So, I already had a freebie mount waiting for me when I logged in to check out the Alliance side of things. But that's not all, a couple of things happened at just the right time. First, there's the Blizzard winter sale that made getting an actual account up and running ridiculously cheap. In fact, for the price of one, I made five...



Five boxing, because jokes are hard...

I don't really have a distinct plan, I just wanted to play and have some fun doing it. Though there are some minor schemes...

This is my scheming face... ladies.

My first team is comprised of a Warrior, Ele Shaman, Destro Lock, Marks Hunter, and Disc Priest. I've already made 60 on these guys, and I'm only really underwhelmed with the Shaman. But, what can you do? I really like the versatility and the oh shit I forgot to soulstone the priest functionality of the Shaman. I've had to definitely rethink my UI a bit, which is something I've given up on entirely until I get to 100. Still, knocking around these old instances without idiots has made for a more enjoyable experience than I've had in a long time. It's definitely been interesting, if a little disconcerting to see the changes in the old instances. Which, for now thanks to RAF are exactly how I'm leveling. Though, I think I'll probably switch to some quests soon to fill out some gear slots. Burning through instances at this rate doesn't do much for your gear. My Warrior, Dazhbog still has iLevel 29 mail gloves ffs, at level 61.
I'm also a bit out of my comfort zone all the way around, I don't play female characters. Never have, never thought I would. But, this time around I've made a few. I've sort of gone with the philosophy of "does this character look better with or without boobs?" In the case of Draenei it's hard to make the case for the Buffy the Vampire Slayer level of goofy the male character brings to the game, so in the case of that race it's pretty universally female.

No, I will not sex0r for gold...

I haven't had much interaction with other people on the server, which is by design. Though I have had some odd encounters, a dude kept following me around calling me butt plug. Naturally I was intrigued, so much so that I literally stopped what I was doing for a bit to see what he would say next. Butt plug got boring (never thought that was a sentence I'd use in my life, surprises abound). Another guy tried to initiate some sexual transatcion with my priest Koleda. so that's a thing. And I've quickly learned I'm not the only boxer in the neighborhood.

In terms of my long term goals and plans? Well I've started leveling several teams, I'm thinking later I might expand and run a ten box team for raiding/BGs. That's going to be a while down the road yet though, most likely won't seriously happen until Legion drops. For now, getting levels and tinkering with the game, making gold, and having a lot more fun than usual.

After New Years expect to see some videos, I'll be streaming to Twitch soon and doing more on Twitter. Definitely have a lot to talk about, so stay tuned. And if you're looking to get in on the fun look me up on Staghelm. TTFN.

K

No comments :

Post a Comment